What'd'ya expect from a blogname like ours :D, we leave it up2 you :p

Friday, November 17, 2006

This Too Shall Pass

My sister and I came up with this together. I don't remember when or how but I remember where (memory is such a strange thing). I have never forgotten it. Never. There have been times when its been the only thing that got me through. I would keep saying it in my head over and over. Just those four words. And I would know that everything would be ok...Eventually...cos This Too Shall Pass. I know most people have words like these that somehow feel right, that make sense, in a way you believe is unique to yourself (but actually is not, as most things that you think are unique to yourself are not *sigh*). Oscar Wilde said Life is too Important to be taken Seriously. I read that first when I was still in school and I thought it was the most amazing thing I'd ever heard. I read it again a couple of days ago and this time around I confess myself baffled. Why is life too important to be taken seriously? Does he say that because generally when you take things seriously you tend to botch them up because of nervousness or fear or stress, in other words the general problems associated with caring about things too much and taking them seriously. But if that's what he meant what a curious way of putting it. Or did he mean its too important to be taken Too Seriously. Which would change the sentence dramatically and ironically make it less dramatic. I would think that since this life's the only thing we've got we should make the most of it, we SHOULD take it seriously, shouldn't we? We should laugh loudly and long when we're happy, cry hysterically and from the bottom of our hearts when they're broken, fume and fret about the things that make us angry, feel every thing that happens because without feeling what is life? In the words of the Goo Goo Dolls, you bleed just to know you're alive. Don't you? So, Mr. Wilde, I would like to politely disagree with your venerable opinion and suggest that Life is too Important to Not be taken Seriously. How, you wonder, will she connect her opening bit with the second bit. Was she just rambling, you think. But, mi amigos, watch as I masterfully sew it all together. My point in all of this is simple, life sucks a lot of the time, it seems meaningless, purposeless, and we try to hold on to the words of the people who came before us (like Mr. Wilde) who seemed to have a handle on all of this; but sometimes you need to come up with your own words. Because words are like shoes, One Size Doesn't Fit All. The right ones have to be sought out, tried out for size, polished by repeated use and then cherished. Words like that aren't easy to find, and once found they aren't easy to lose. And these are mine (and my sister's if she remembers them) : This Too Shall Pass.

14 Comments:

Blogger Revealed said...

Guys, temme your words, plsssss.

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

Not fair, posting first comment on your own blog!!!!!

Technically first, anyway! :D

Strangely these are my words too... they bring enormous comfort. Also love the George Harrison song along the same lines. I have another set of words too - "What me worry?"

12:19 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

What about Let it Be? U can't mention G.H and not that!

1:52 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

N I like What me worry. Wish those were my words *sigh*. But if they were mine there'd be a not somewhere between me and worry. LOL
(n for the record, the rest of you the first comment on this post is The Invisible Comment tho u guys shud read it of course but no1 can talk about it. hehe)

1:54 AM

 
Blogger Sumithra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Sumithra said...

'm 2nd :-)

I loved that part about words and shoes - Wow!!!

And these are my words: (I didn't coin them but still :-)) "One step at a time"

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Gosh, how often I whisper those words to myself--and how true they are!

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

Actually I'm a big worrier.... that's why I need those words!!!!

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Sunshine: I love one step at a time, my version of that is muttering under my breath, Baby Steps, Svasti, Baby Steps. Hehe.
@Mel: Yeah, thats what amazes me about them too, they are So True in an undeniable sorta way :)
@Cloudy: Hehe. Me too. I always need to have a plan, even if its a sucky one or an impossible one. I just need to know that i have a Plan.

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Obi Wan said...

Me 3rd!!!

I always say-'Sab theek ho jaayega, main hoon'(Everything will be all right, I'm there), even to myself!

And as far as the 'life sucks' part is concerned, always remember what the Great Lord Budhha said,"Life sucks, but nothing sucks like Electrolux'!

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Obi: LOL!!!! The Great Budhha said that huh? Hehe. I like your words. As in I'd like them if someone told me those words. Dont think I could say them to myself (mainly cos I'm too flaky for any1 to be reassured by my presence esp me cos I know EXACTLY how flaky I am).

8:26 PM

 
Blogger delhidreams said...

wat obi has against this poor brand!!! as of now, that too has passed and new posts are welcome from your end. and if somebody could tell obi this then less of brands will have to fret...

10:47 PM

 
Blogger delhidreams said...

moreover, i have not coined a term as such... one of the reasons we copywriters fail so desperately in life... can't do a thing for ouselves, poor me :(
give me a life god!!!

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Obi Wan said...

adi: I donated my sweat, blood and tears to that company for 4 years. Guess that does give me the right to coin 'quotes' about it :-)

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home