What'd'ya expect from a blogname like ours :D, we leave it up2 you :p

Thursday, November 02, 2006

To The Man Wearing A Red Tie

Sir, I hesitate to put myself forward and address you in this way. On the other hand, my psychotic Other Self insists that I make a point regarding your behaviour this morning. I understand that at 7 in the morning it is hard for a lot of people to "Rise and Shine". I understand that this world has become one that hustles and bustles, and that we, since we live on it, also have to hustle and bustle. I understand that you probably have a bitchy wife at home who sends you out without a cup of coffee in the morning and a boss who sits on his ass all day but refuses to let you rest your feet for one second. I understand that you haven't taken a decent vacation in months, no, make that years. I understand that you have seven kids and at the rate at which college fees increase every year you fear that you might never be able to educate them. I understand that stress levels are high, everyone is either sick, wasting away or wishing they were sick or wasting away. I understand all this, but still I ask you, sir, was it polite on your part to not only honk at me but also to flip me the finger (and we all know which finger we're talking about here) simply because I happened to be driving in your vicinity this morning? I admit I stopped though there was no red light or Stop sign. But sir, you must agree that even to make your life smoother and easier I cannot be expected to run over little old ladies walking their dogs at 7 in the morning and crossing the road as if it belonged to them. There is a line that we each must draw for ourselves, and there Mr. Red-Tie Man, is mine. I will not do it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Obi Wan said...

Me 1stttt, again :-)

Let me read the post now.

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Obi Wan said...

I sincerely hope that all red-tie men, not just this one, read this post.

But the more important thing is: What on earth were you doing driving at 7 in the morning. I ask you this ma'am: Is it a good time for civilized people to be even awake, let alone driving a car and that too, God forbid, to work???

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Sumithra said...

Second! Feels good to be back at my usual spot! :-)

I also have to ask you what Obi has already asked Ma'am, why were you driving at that ungodly hour?! :D

And, men! Bah!! They think they are the perfect drivers.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Obi: LOL @ "is it a good time for civilized people to be even awake"
@Sunshine: It isn't just the men in this city! Men and women both! Drive like maniacs and seem to be Always Angry!
@Obi n Sunshine: I hesitate to break the bad news to you, guys but my stupid job (OK i take that back cos I love my job :P) has the weirdest timings!!!! I am what is loosely termed a geneticist. Which basically means that my daily routine depends on the cells that I'm growing :(. What can I tell you??!!

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

And how did you guys figure I was going to work??!!!

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

Ah! Road rage ho to aisa. (This is how road rage should be). Scathing, but polite :)

12:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home