What'd'ya expect from a blogname like ours :D, we leave it up2 you :p

Friday, November 03, 2006

Magic

I woke up this morning on the right side of the bed. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, I felt like I was in a Disney movie. I got to work with a song on my lips (literally! I have an embarrassing habit of humming when I'm happy), and I made *drum rolls* "The Discovery". A cure for cancer no less. My boss couldn't believe her ears or her eyes when I showed her my data. She was so thrilled she hugged me!! This was a bit awkward since I was taken by surprise and didnt have the time to free my arms from her death hold on me to hug her back. We bought a bottle of champagne (using the lab's grant money, it has to be used for SOMETHING!) and a happy time was had by all. A Bacchalanian feast for the soul. My boss was even talking in terms of the Nobel Prize (which I thought was a little over the top but I didn't want to dampen any spirits so I went along with it). This is probably the happiest day of my life and as soon as I woke up this morning I just KNEW it would be The Day.

OK seriously, I DID wake up on the right side of the bed. The sun WAS shining though I'm not sure about the birds chirping. I DID hum all day (prompting this guy who works with me to ask me why I was so happy, which I frankly found insulting, do we need a REASON to be happy nowadays?). I wonder what it is about some days that you just feel like there's magic in the air. When you feel like nothing bad can happen, and miraculously even when something bad DOES happen it just melts into nothingness and doesn't stress you out in the least bit. Wonder what it is. I bet if I found out, bottled it and sold it, I'd be a multi millionaire before you could say Jack Spratt!

14 Comments:

Blogger Sumithra said...

He he he he!! Me first! Me first!

9:43 AM

 
Blogger Obi Wan said...

Sunshine just beat me to it!!! me 2nd!

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Sumithra said...

Wow! You are a geneticist!! Now, how abt that?!! I've never met one before.. I envy non-IT people. Everyone is in IT these days and its become sooo common. Meeting a geneticist..!!Wow!! Thank God for internet, if I had met you in real life I wdn't have dared say hello.. :-)

And I'm so glad you had a great day!!! A Nobel Prize would be great..! I can go abt bragging abt knowing a person who won the Nobel Prize :D :D

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Obi Wan said...

I don't even know how to pronounce the word geneticist :-(

Remain happy, and always remember: Kadi mehnat, lagan, ur dridh iccha-shakti se insaan kucch bhi haasil kar sakta hai, Nobel prize bhi :-)(Translation: With hard work, perseverance, and a strong willpower, a person can achieve everything, evena Nobel prize)!!!

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Sunshine: LOL!!! If you'd met me in person OF COURSE you'd have said hello and if you hadnt i'd have!!! Hehe. I'm the least scary person you could hope to meet and what's more you would never have Thought I was a Geneticist if you'd met me. I have the hardest time convincing people I'm out of school:P
@Obi: Ty. Very sweet thing to say :). From your mouth to God's ear ;)

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

Oh and pronounciation is gen (as in generator)- et (as in yet without the y)-ic (as in is)-ist (as in motorist without the motor). ;);)

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

Third! Third!

If you find out, bottle it, and try it on me first :)

12:36 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Cloudy: First consignment will land on your doorstep :D.
And what's all this about you not continuing blogging??!! Ridiculous!! Of course you'll think of something to say! And anyway I dont even think I just babble ;). So if I can you can, no?

12:44 AM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

@Revealed: It won't turn me into a polka dotted dragon, will it?

@Sunshine: I know what you mean - IT is just so boring. I haven't met a single IT person who claims to enjoy their job. Sometimes I wonder if we've lost something really important in this mad rush for IT... but seeing people like Obi and Revealed is just so...WOW! :)

12:51 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Cloudy: Are you talking about blogging? Cos if so I REALLY hope it doesnt turn people into polka dot dragons ;). As for the other thing, No Guarantees, Ma'am. You have to Take Your Chances :D.
@Cloudy n Sunshine: I always thought IT was kinda cool. Like all those techno geeks. Poring over mumbo jumbo computer stuff, while the most I can do is press the shut down button frantically in case something goes wrong (and when that doesnt work, bang the keyboard Really Hard- and that Never Works!).

2:04 AM

 
Blogger delhidreams said...

hey this is interesting, after 10 comments on the 'comment-o-meter' i can still claim to be 4th! no wonder cloudy made me forget counting ;)
anyways, everybody thinks the other profession is way cool and its only theirs that sucks...ppl say advertising is cool, i think IT is cool and wow that gen-et-ic-ist is super cool...but then, whatiteez...
u take care revealed and i still dont know which one of u two come to delhidreams these dyas :(
m i a nutcase by any chance?

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

Techno geek stuff is actually pretty cool, but only a lucky few (ok, brainy few) actually get to do something innovative... The IT services industry is what we are really talking about... And when I said we've lost something important, I meant people from different streams all joining this big pool because the money's there... Like bright Civil Engineers who excelled in their discipline, but just shoved it aside to get into IT. Who's to build our bridges now?

6:20 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Cloudy: I'd like to build bridges :P. But I suppose you needs tons of education and stuff for it. Hehe. But yeah, point well taken. Worthy of a post on ur blog?

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

I'm just too lazy to write it up :)

1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home