What'd'ya expect from a blogname like ours :D, we leave it up2 you :p

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Er..I cant, I mumbled to my dad who was looking at me like I was crazy. In all honesty I couldnt blame him. "Really honey, we ask you to look after your brother for one day and you dont even seem able to do that", said my mum in what I can only describe as reproachful accents. I tried to look sheepish and then figured since they were talking to my butt it really didnt matter how I looked. "I'm sorry", I said, "but it wasnt my fault". "Rekha", said my dad talking to my mum as if I wasnt right there in front of them, "she's just a child. Dont yell at her like that. Let's get her down from there first". "Yeah, yeah, NOW she's a child, when she sulks and yells at being asked to look after her brother for One Evening, or grumbles that she needs her Independence, then she isnt, I suppose", muttered my mother. "Um...amma, appa, a little help here", I suggested. It seemed to me that it was about time someone did something about my situation, instead of addressing exchanges on my upbringing to each other. "Akka wanted to climb the tree", piped up Rishi, "I told her not to",he added virtuously. "You're a smart little boy" beamed my mum at him. Yikesss! Could almost throw up. Thank God for my dad!! He was at least trying to help. I heard the phone ring inside the room, and my mum bustling off to answer it, trailed by a triumphant Rishi. My dad looked at me and said, "Now what do we do with you?". I could hear a smile in his voice. Yeah, yeah! Laugh away!! "I dunno, appa, just want to get down, really". "Fine", he said, "I'm gonna catch a hold of your legs and try to drag you back in." Was he serious, did he think this was some sorta joke. I was suposed to dangle from my legs?? What was he thinking!!!!! "Ummmm..do you really think that will work?" " yeah, yeah trust me. I've climbed outta dozens of window sills like this. Now on the count of 3, let go of the branch..1..2..3..". Praying to all the Gods I knew, I closed my eyes and prepared to let go of the tree. "Hari, Hari!!! Come here At Once", I heard my mum yell in a shrill voice that I'd never heard her use before, "Something's happened to Rishi". "Rishi?!!" I heard my dad exclaim. "Honey, you have to stay there, hold on to the branch. I'll come back as soon as possible." What!!!! What!!!!! He was just going to leave me here and go just cos my mum was making a big deal about Rishi again!!!!! But before I could say anything he'd left the room. Just perfect I thought, trying to crawl further up the branch. At this point I didnt even care about my pants. I was alone, miserable, the whole world seemed to prefer that brat of a brother to me AND my arms were aching.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sumithra said...

First! :D

And, Wow!! I can't wait till the next part is posted :-)

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Cloudy said...

I do really really hope Rishi is fictional....

And yes, 2nd! :)

11:54 PM

 
Blogger Obi Wan said...

Me 3rd!!!

Don't worry revealed, all of us prefer you to your brother(fictional or otherwise) :-)

I TOLD you you should start writing your own blog. See, what we have been missing because of your laziness!!!

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@Sunshine: congrats:p..i think i've put my sis in a tough spot now..hehe..shud hv made it easier
@Cloudy: All characters represented here are completely fictional;) even if they remind you overwhelmingly of someone you've seen, heard of or otherwise are familiar with..poor kid though..
@Obi: Welcome >:D<..knew I cud count on u to prefer me to my (non-existent) bro..hehe..ty :)

7:32 PM

 
Blogger Bharath Hemachandran said...

Hey u opened ur blog! claiming virtual 1st position!

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Revealed said...

@bharath: Virtual 1st?? :p LOL. Wonder what Sunshine has to say about that!

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Sumithra said...

@Bharath: No way! - Virtual or not. I'm the only first :D

11:23 PM

 
Blogger rekhs said...

All characters represented here are completely fictional
;)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))))))))))

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home